In recent years, due to advances in technology, as well as procedure techniques, penis enlargement surgery has become a lot more popular than it once was. The procedure uses a specialized, medical-grade silicone implant to provide individuals with both the length and width they desire. To learn more about the procedure, read on below.
What is Penis Enlargement Surgery?
While penis enlargement surgery has been around for a number of years, it was rarely called upon, as many doctor’s and patients were relatively untrusting of its effectiveness as well as its safety. However, as time has gone by, and there have been more and more successful procedures, penis enlargement surgery – in its current iteration, has become more popular than ever before.
The generally accepted method of penis enlargement in the year 2020, involves the use of acrescent-shaped piece of medical-grade silicone – allowing male patients to achieve the length and width they’ve always wanted. In most cases, penile implants come in three sizes, large, extra-large, and extra-extra-large.
Penis Enlargement Surgery Methods
Depending upon the preference of both the patient, as well as the surgeon – there are a few methods of performing penis enlargement surgery, including:
- Corpus Cavernosa: Using two cylindrical pieces of tissue that are made to run parallel to one another along the top of the penis.
- Corpus Spongiosum: Using one cylindrical piece of tissue that runs along the bottom of the penis and surrounds the urethra (the area in which urine comes out)
Are You a Good Candidate for Penis Enlargement Surgery?
The best candidates are those men who are looking to increase the length and/or width of their penis. In addition, a good candidate is an individual who is in good mental and physical health and is understanding of realistic expectations of such a procedure. Generally, the average penis, when erect measures about 5.2 inches in length and 4.6 inches in girth, and using surgical enhancement patients can expect to increase this number by 1.5 to 2 inches.
In addition, it is important for patients to be circumcised before having penis enlargement surgery done.
How Does Penis Enlargement Surgery Work?
The penis enlargement surgery process is relatively simple, as with many similar surgical enhancement methods, it simply involves the implantation of a silicone implant. The implant itself is designed to fit your specific penis shape. It is inserted into your shaft over the corpus cavernosa, like a sheath.
This is done through an incision in your groin area just above the base of your penis. The device stretches the penis skin and tissues to make your penis look and feel larger.
Side Effects or Risks
According to an evaluation of men who underwent this type of surgery, possible complications include:
- perforation and infection of the implant
- stitches coming apart (known as suture detachment)
- implant breaking apart
- blood clots within the penile tissue
In addition, patients might expect certain side effects of the anesthesia, including nausea, vomiting, confusion and overall exhaustion.
Recovery & Aftercare
There are a number of things patients should be aware of in regard to penis enlargement surgery.
- For those who aren’t already circumcised, will need to do this before the procedure.
- You can go home the same day as the procedure.
- You’ll need to arrange a ride to and from the procedure.
- The procedure generally takes 45 minutes to an hour to complete.
- Your surgeon will use general anesthesia to keep you asleep during the procedure.
- You’ll return for a follow-up visit two to three days later.
- Your penis will be swollen for a few weeks after the surgery.
- You’ll need to abstain from masturbation and sexual activity for about six weeks
For more information regarding the specifics and further details about penis enlargement surgery, be sure to contact Goals Plastic Surgery today.