Since the advent of plastic surgery, one of the most highly requested forms of enhancement has undoubtedly been breast augmentation or breast implant surgery. Adult women of all ages, shapes, and colors have always wanted to be able to control their breast size – find out how breast implant surgery at Goals can help you today!
What is Breast Augmentation?
Otherwise known as mammoplasty, breast augmentation surgery allows women to increase their breast size and add symmetry. The procedure involves the placement of breast implants under breast tissue. As technology has advanced, Goals can now offer some of the most naturally looking and feeling breasts around.
Are You a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Breast augmentation can provide correction to women who simply want to improve on what mother nature gave them or those who have suffered a loss in breast volume due to any number of factors, including:
- Pregnancy, Childbirth, or Breastfeeding
The ideal candidate is also someone who is in good overall health and can handle the rigors of surgery. The best candidates are those who are looking to:
- Increases fullness and point of your breasts.
- Improves symmetry and balance of breasts.
- Improves shape, giving your breasts a more round, aesthetic look.
Also, someone who is mentally strong and has realistic expectations on what is possible with breast implants. For patients with sagging breasts however, a breast lift procedure might be recommended in conjunction.
During your consultation you will be able to decide the type of implants and other factors regarding your procedure.
The procedure starts with an incision made under the breast, within the hollows of the underarm, or around the areola – depending on the specifics of your procedure. The breast tissue is then trimmed and contoured, and the implant is inserted. The area is often drained to speed up recovery.
Recovery & Aftercare
The recovery period is very important to the breast augmentation procedure, and your results. Here are some important things to know:
- You will be in some pain – and pain medication will help you to mitigate these symptoms.
- Goals will provide you special compression clothing and accessories to help your healing.
- Avoid strenuous activities or exercise for the first few weeks.
- Patients are all provided with a set of tips and recommendations by our staff to promote proper healing – be sure to follow them as closely as possible.
- Within a week or two a follow-up is scheduled to check in and insure things are healing properly.
- You will need to take some time off work or school – usually 2 to 4 weeks, depending on your specific recovery.
- Symptoms like bruising, swelling, redness and more are normal.
- It’s important to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Your results will be finalized anywhere from a few months following surgery, as the swelling goes down.
For more information on your Breast Augmentation, be sure to contact Goals Plastic Surgery today.