To reduce the presence of wrinkles and fine lines along the forehead, the brow lift has become a very common procedure. While forehead wrinkles are most common with aging, they can also affect individuals in their mid to late 20’s!
What is a Brow Lift?
Sometimes known as a forehead lift, the Brow lift is procedure to reduce wrinkles and improve fine frown lines, raising sagging eyebrows. Leaving your eyebrows looking younger and more defined without the presence of wrinkles.
Are You a Good Candidate for a Brow Lift?
Those who are the best candidates for the brow lift are those individuals who are looking to achieve the following from the procedure.
- Reducing the wrinkles and fine lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, above the nose and between the eyes.
- Improve frown lines between your eyebrows.
- Raise sagging brows.
- Give their eyebrows an “alert”, more youthful position.
In addition, those who are good candidates are in good overall mental and physical health, and can withstand the rigors of surgery – including the recovery process involved. Also, it is important for an individual to have realistic expectations for their results, and understand that other procedures might be needed in conjunction to provide them with the overall facial contouring they desire.
The Brow Lift generally begins with the surgeons creating a long incision, inside the hairline. This allows for more correction and removal of additional skin. Any excess skin and forehead tissue is removed and the necessary skin is tightened. The only drawback is a longer recovery period, as the procedure is slightly more invasive. However, it is recommended for patients who need more correction and suffer from more advanced signs of aging.
Recovery & Aftercare
During the recovery process your forehead may be taped or wrapped loosely to manage swelling and bruising – also, some draining of fluid may also be required. In addition, there are some important things to know:
- You will be in some pain following surgery – medication may be provided to mitigate that pain.
- Swelling, bruising and redness are quite common.
- You will start to see some results almost immediately, however, as the bandages come off, the swelling goes down and a few weeks to months pass, your results will be far more permanent.
For more information on the brow lift, be sure to contact Goals Plastic Surgery today.