The Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL surgery, has slowly become the most popular and widely requested procedure around! From movies and TV, to social media and gossip blogs, it seems like our society has become obsessed with achieving a larger, more curvaceous backside! And the BBL offers women, and even men, the opportunity to achieve their dream booty, using a fat transfer from their own body – without the need for any foreign substances or fillers!
What is a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)?
The BBL procedure combines two surgical methods into one, allowing patients to achieve a fuller, rounder, far more curvy backside – using a fat transfer. Firstly, fat is removed from a donor area (most often the midsection). The fat is prepped and then strategically injected into the patient’s backside. It gives patients the benefit of fat loss in the donor region, plus a larger, more shapely backside!
Are You a Good Candidate for a BBL?
A good BBL candidate is someone:
- Who wants to enhance the size and shape of their buttocks without needing implants.
- Looking for a more natural enhancement – in terms of look and feel.
- Who has a decent amount of body fat in certain “donor” areas in order to provide the enhancement.
- Has good quality skin and tissue in the hip & buttocks area – with high elasticity.
- Who is in good overall health and wellness – able to safely go through surgery.
- Someone who can dedicate weeks or months to their recovery – including time off work, rest, and avoiding sitting or applying pressure to their backside.
The Brazilian Butt Lift is a three-part procedure, which involves the following.
- Firstly, the fat is removed from a donor region using liposuction.
- The fat is then purified and prepped for the transfer.
- The fat is then strategically injected into the buttocks, to provide the best overall enhancement for you and your body type.
Recovery & Aftercare
The recovery period is very important to the overall BBL procedure. Here are some important things to know:
- You will be in some pain – and pain medication will help you to mitigate these symptoms.
- Most patients can’t sit or lie down on their buttocks for 2-3 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities or exercise for the first few weeks.
- Rest is vital – you will likely be limited to your bed for 1 to 2 weeks after surgery.
- Goals will provide you special compression clothing and accessories to help your healing.
- You will need to take some time off work or school – usually 1 to 4 weeks, depending on your specific recovery.
- Most patients can resume normal daily activities approximately 8 weeks after surgery.
- Symptoms like bruising, swelling, redness and more are normal.
- Its important to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Your results will be finalized anywhere from 3 to 6 months following surgery.
For more information on your Brazilian Butt Lift, be sure to contact Goals Plastic Surgery today.