In today’s world, everyone wants a tighter, more toned physique, and with Liposuction, the team at Goals Plastic Surgery can help make it a reality today. However, more often than not, our ideal bodies aren’t attached to a number on scale, nor does our hard work translate to that hard-to-achieve flat stomach, or those perfectly toned legs.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a procedure that allows patients to slim down and reshape specific areas of the body. Excess fat deposits are removed from the targeted area, shaping and contouring your body to your exact desires!
Often times diet and exercise simply aren’t enough and in order to specifically target areas of the body it can take months to years in order to achieve what can be done within minutes with liposuction. Liposuction is often used in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures, allowing patients to both enhance and tone their problem areas at the same time.
Are You a Good Candidate for Liposuction?
As with other body toning and contouring procedures, its important to understand that liposuction is an individualized procedure, with results that vary from person to person. The ideal candidate for liposuction is:
- An adult who is within 30% of their ideal body weight – with limited weight fluctuations.
- Someone who has firm, elastic skin, and a solid muscle tone.
- Individuals who are in good overall physical and mental health – or any medical issues that might impair their ability to heal.
- An individual who doesn’t smoke.
- Someone who has realistic expectations for their results, as well as a positive outlook on the procedure.
Your surgeon will draw guidelines, showing the necessary areas for corrections, as discussed pre-op. In most cases, a tumescent solution will be inserted into the treatment area, loosening up fat cells making them more pliable.
Small incisions are then made into the area, while a narrow cannula is inserted into the fat deposits. Moving the cannula back and forth, your surgeon will break up the fat cells, loosening them up further – allowing the fat cells to be suctioned out of the area for disposal. In some cases, they may be used for fat transfers, like with a Brazilian Butt Lift.
Recovery & Aftercare
The recovery period is very important to the overall Liposuction procedure. Here are some important things to know:
- You will be in some pain – and pain medication will help you to mitigate these symptoms.
- Avoid strenuous activities or exercise for the first few weeks.
- Goals will provide you special compression clothing and accessories to help your healing.
- You will need to take some time off work or school – usually 1 to 4 weeks, depending on your specific recovery.
- Most patients can resume normal daily activities a few weeks after surgery.
- Symptoms like bruising, swelling, redness and more are normal.
- It’s important to eat, drink, and sleep to provide you with the best recovery.
- You can expect a tighter, more toned body within a few months after surgery!
For more information on your Liposuction procedure, be sure to contact Goals Plastic Surgery today.