Considering a Breast Reduction? Learn More Today!
At Goals Plastic Surgery Harlem, and plastic surgery practices all over the world, breast augmentation is easily one of the most popular surgical enhancement procedures around, and it has been for decades now. And while many women can easily wrap their head around the desire to improve upon what mother nature gave you and add size and volume to your breasts, one of the most curious breast surgery procedures around by far is the breast reduction! To many it might sound counterintuitive, plastic surgery to reduce the size of your breasts? But for many women, who are dealing with having extremely large breasts their whole lives, especially for their body size or type, and the issues that come along with them, breast reduction provides a safe reprieve. Considered the best plastic surgeon NYC has in practice, Dr. Sergey Voskin of Goals Plastic Surgery Harlem, has performed countless breast augmentation procedures, as well as a number of breast reduction surgery procedures – and in his experience, he has seen a number of women find more solace in a breast reduction, than their counterparts feel happiness in their new, larger breasts. Find out why this is the case, by reading more about breast reduction surgery below.
While having small breasts might cause some women dissatisfaction and even make them a bit self-conscious, going bigger isn’t always going to take away all their problems, and all of a sudden make them happier. However, for some women, who eventually may become candidates for breast reduction surgery, they are literally having a weight lifted off their chests that may have been hampering their overall quality of life for years on end. For many women, especially those with smaller body types and petite frames, having extremely large breasts can cause a variety of issues – both mental and physical. As the Best Plastic Surgeon Harlem has to offer, Dr. Voskin has heard it all for women considering breast reduction surgery. Some of the most common issues include:
· Limits the types and cuts of clothing a woman can wear, including sports bras, and certain smaller, sexier lingerie items.
· Prevent women from taking part in sports or living as active of a lifestyle. The sheer size of breasts can make running or jumping harder, and they add a lot of extra weight to carry.
· Bra straps cutting into the shoulders are so common and can become so severe that some women end up with permanent scar tissue and lacerations along their shoulders, simply from the breast weight tugging down on their bra strap.
· Daily, chronic back, shoulder, and neck pain – as these areas are responsible for varying the added weight.
· Rashes and skin abrasions beneath the breasts, as the area becomes difficult to access and clean as they become extremely large.
· Constant staring and gawking of others, often taking away from their own personality and their other aesthetic factors.
Its important to understand however that not everyone is a good candidate for such a procedure. As the best plastic surgeon NYC has to offer, Dr. Voskin believes that if you are feeling such issues and these issues are hampering your daily life and taking away from your happiness, breast reduction surgery might be the best option for you. The best thing about it is that breast reduction is very similar to breast augmentation in certain factors such as the recovery time and it doesn’t feel any more painful or tougher to deal with. Also, the procedure is essentially a 2 in 1, as it provides you with an immediate lift as well. For more information on all of our procedures, be sure to contact Goals Plastic Surgery Harlem today.