Often known as the Blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery allows patients to alter the appearance of their eyes, as well as to enhance the appearance of the surrounding facial features.
What is Blepharoplasty or Eyelid Lift?
Blepharoplasty, or Eyelid surgery, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of both the upper and lower eyelids. Eyelid surgeries can be performed to both enhance the aesthetics of your eyelids and improve any functional issues of the eye. In addition, this procedure often includes rejuvenation of the area surrounding the eyelids.
Are You a Good Candidate for an Eyelid Lift?
The ideal candidate for eyelid surgery is generally suffering from the following:
- Loose, sagging skin around the eyes. Creating the appearance of folds, while disrupting your upper eyelid’s natural contours, in certain cases this can cause adverse effects to your vision.
Fat deposits in the eyelid. Leading to puffiness and discomfort in the eye area.
Under eye bags.
Drooping eyelids that can expose the eye’s iris; leaving it vulnerable to debris and causing irritations.
- Excess skin and wrinkles.
In addition, its vital that prospective patients be in good overall mental and physical health, without any conditions that may hamper their ability to recover from surgery. In addition, individuals should have realistic expectations of what is possible with eyelid surgery.
The procedure is done using incisions made along the eyelid(s) – allowing the surgeon to remove any of the excess skin/fat cells. The muscles around the eyelids are then tightened and incisions are closed, leaving you with a smoother, more aesthetically pleasing eyelid.
Recovery & Aftercare
Once the procedure is completed, the area will be bandaged up in order to minimize swelling and possible bruising. In some cases, patients may require additional drainage to be performed in order to remove excess blood or fluids. Some important things to know include:
- You will be in some pain – and pain medication will help you to mitigate these symptoms.
- Avoid strenuous activities or exercise for the first few weeks.
- It’s important to eat, drink, and sleep as much as possible to improve healing.
- Symptoms like bruising, swelling, redness and more are normal.
- It will take approximately 2-3 weeks in order for your face to feel normal and a few months for your results to be finalized.
For more information on your Eyelid Lift procedure, be sure to contact Goals Plastic Surgery today.