Carboxy therapy is one of the newest and most effective treatments designed to help patients treat issues including, cellulite, stretch marks, dark under-eye circles, and much more.
What is Carboxy Therapy?
Carboxy therapy is a procedure that offers patients a number of face and body benefits through a carbon dioxide infusion. The treatment works by providing three major improvements:
• Added blood and oxygen circulation throughout the body.
• Improved skin elasticity.
• Reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and facial folds.
Carboxy therapy also helps to stimulate the natural production of two vital skincare proteins that are naturally occuring within the body, collagen and elastin – while breaking down fatty deposits (such as cellulite) along both the face and body. By improving blood circulation throughout the body, carboxy therapy can help ensure that valuable nutrients and blood reaches different points along the body, this aids in the regeneration of damaged tissue including the surface of the patient’s skin.
The Carboxy Therapy Procedure
The carboxy therapy procedure can be done in a number of slightly different ways, depending upon the area in which the patient desires treatment. However, the main aspects of the treatment remain the same. Using a specialized injection treatment, linked to a carbon dioxide tank, your doctor will inject the carbon dioxide gas beneath the skin’s surface, stimulating a series of processes designed to improve the flow of blood to the area, and thus the health of the skin, and rejuvenate the tissue within the treatment area.
Benefits of Carboxy Therapy
As we age, not only do we lose valuable proteins such as collagen and elastin, that are responsible for the soft, smooth, elasticity of our skin – but our blood circulation slowly starts to diminish as well. Therefore,by injecting carbon dioxide within specific areas of the body, we are able to improve the flow of blood, and thus red blood cells and oxygen to that specific treatment area. Again, this helps to repair the skin and other tissue(s), while improving the patient’s complexion issues, under-eye circles, and giving patients a healthy, natural glow. The main benefits of carboxy treatment include:
• Stretch Marks – Stretch marks are commonly caused by arupture of dermal collagen. Carboxytherapy creates new collagen, which thickens the skin and improves its appearance.
• Cellulite – When fatty cellulite cells and tissue is injected with carbon dioxide, it causes them to burst and essentially be eliminated from the body as waste.
• Under-Eye Circles – Dark circles are caused mainly by poor blood circulation, which creates vascular pooling. Injecting carbon dioxide under the eyelid reduces this pooling and improves their appearance overall.
• Alopecia – In many cases, alopecia or hair loss, can be combatted by improving circulation to the scalp area.
For more information on how Carboxy Therapy can help improve your skin and tissue, be sure to contact Goals Plastic Surgery today.