For men, a finely sculpted body isn’t complete without the presence of solid muscle tone. Most men in our society want firmly sculpted pectorals and prominent abdominals. However, achieving the body, you see on the pages of Men’s Fitness, takes dedication that most simply don’t have the time for. For those who haven’t been able to achieve their desired results using diet and exercise, then Lipo Etching might be for you!
What is Abdominal Etching?
Sometimes known as Lipo etching, men’s abdominal etching is a minimally invasive procedure that provides patients (both men and women) with the definition, and body contours, that traditional liposuction cannot provide. Using a highly targeted, liposuction cannula, lipo etching gives patients a chance at a more natural, well defined chest and sculpted, six-pack abs.
Are You a Good Candidate for Abdominal Etching?
The best candidates for men’s abdominal etching are those individuals who exhibit the following:
- A well-toned midsection, and strong core of abdominal muscles that might be covered in a layer or two of unwanted fat.
- Maintain a normal weight range, and do not fluctuate too much in weight.
- Those who are both mentally and physically healthy and can withstand the recovery process involved in surgery.
- Men and women who desire a leaner, more well-toned midsection – with visible ab muscles.
- Those who have tried diet and exercise and failed with less invasive measures.
The abdominal etching procedure will usually take approximately one hour. During the procedure, several small incisions are made, within the naval area. A cannula or flexible tube will then be inserted into the area to begin liposuction and help sculpt the abdominal area. Most often, a few scars are left remaining which are very small, only about an 1/8 of an inch in length.
As a result of the liposuction, the patients will be left with a far more well-toned abdominal wall, and the ability to create lines within the abdomen – giving the appearance of trim, toned, muscular abs.
Recovery & Aftercare
The recovery process from such a procedure can vary quite a bit, depending on how severe their corrective needs might be. Some things to know include:
- You will likely be in pain – and provided with pain medication to mitigate that pain.
- Swelling, bruising and redness are common.
- Generally, patients will need about 1-2 week to return to their daily activities.
- Avoid exercise and other strenuous activities for the first few weeks after.
- Your results should begin to take shape and be finalized from a 2-4 weeks.
- You will see new abdominal contours soon after!
For more information on abdominal etching, be sure to contact Goals Plastic Surgery today.